Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday Munchies...Chicken Pot Pie Soup


 My family absolutely LOVES chicken pot pie, so much so, we could have it every week and they wouldn't complain. I however don't enjoy rolling out a pie crust that often. I found this recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Soup a while ago and thought perfect! All the homey, comforty flavor but no crust to make. And I can put it in the crock pot at noon and not think about it again until it's time to eat.
                                                        Chicken Pot Pie Soup
                                                                          make 4 servings, I double this
Photo by startnover
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cups skim milk
*I use a "Normandy or California" blend for my veggies-carrots,broccoli, and cauliflower, because that's what we like. Carrots, peas, and potatoes would work too.  Every once in a while I'll throw in some frozen peas or canned corn (drained) just for fun. I also swap out the potato soup for cream of celery {I have a very picky no-potato fan} and a bit of chicken stock for some of the milk.

Directions

  1. In a medium sauce pan combine chicken, mixed vegetables, cream of potato soup, cream of chicken soup and milk. Heat through and serve with crumbled crackers on top or hot and flaky biscuits on the side.
Happy Eating...

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks yummy! I have a version I make with Bisquick, but what we call "pot pie" around here is more like a stew or a soup- you roll the dough out and cut it into squares and drop it into the broth with your potatoes and meat. I guess it is a PA Dutch thing. Thanks for this recipe! It looks easy and delicious!

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

This sounds good! And I bet even my kids would eat it. (of course, they'd eat around their vegetables).
Thanks for sharing!
xoxo,
Amy

Stuff by Ash said...

This sounds so yummy! What a fun twist. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...